Daily deliveries have become standard for countless people due to the shift to online shopping. You love the ease of having goods delivered in front of your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages on your doorstep are temptations to potential burglars. Porch piracy is a real concern, but you are able to take action against it by getting a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These devices are great tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they provide significantly more.
Take a moment to find out how they work and why they’ll likely be a crucial facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Toledo video doorbell
Available in wireless and wired options, video doorbells give you a great number of advanced features, and the technology continues to advance. You are now able to customize detection zones, communicate with whoever’s in front of your door, and get instant updates whenever something is delivered.
The best way to see how a Toledo video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various perks it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You can’t get this on each model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take an active role in deterring crime with signals that can be seen and heard. This is an effective way to let porch pirates know somebody is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that should include the faces of visitors at your door and items on the surface below. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision provide a complete perspective.
- High-resolution streams no matter the hour: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the point of using a doorbell camera? The best models will give you amazing night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You are able to enjoy automatic notifications from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between individuals and boxes.
- Converse with the person at your door: Is someone standing at your door? Two-way audio allows you to ask why they’re there. You might even take advantage of this handy feature to scare off people hanging around your walkway.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to customize detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will help you minimize false alarms triggered by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Convenient access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home provides you the option to see real-time and saved video directly from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you can engage with them right from your phone, regardless of your location. They’ll alert you when a visitor arrives, show you what’s happening, and even allow you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. These components have become game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.