How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Toledo smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in complete charge of your Toledo home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of what it can do and explore suggestions to get started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Toledo?
Wirelessly connecting to sensors and other implements through radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also provides convenient remote operation through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can carry out:
- Review current or recorded video streams from any integrated security cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Toledo by implementing schedules or initiating rules. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke detector triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in the home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and all sensors in the home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open window will urge you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm your home’s security by using the above steps. You will then have to verify that you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Toledo
Although various users can be entered when you first get your system, you may want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote capability, select email or phone and provide the details to send an request.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, simply navigate to the menu, touch users, choose the user you wish to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-operate touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Toledo home security system. Contact (419) 614-6278 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.